Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Gaming Accessories Part I: Razer Naga

I am going to start a short series regarding what gaming accessories I use in my gaming, mainly as it pertains to PC gaming. But I will also include some accessories that can be used on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 as well.

Today, I'd like to start with one of my favorite mice I've owned thus far: the Razer Naga. The Razer Naga is a unique product that is specifically made for the MMO gamer in mind. It boasts a 5700DPI laser sensor which feels very precise. Nevertheless, what makes the mouse so unique is the 12-button input on the left side. These 12-buttons can be configured independently or follow your keyboards default numbers or keypad. This makes it easy for using certain spells or macros during in-game combat.

Now, I am not trying to bore you with a comprehensive review. The Naga has been around for a while and you can find plenty of reviews of this mouse online. With that, the Naga makes MMOs a more pleasurable experience. Why? When you have so many buttons and configurations at your fingertips, it is no longer a frustrating affair trying to click with your mouse on certain icons or scrambling while scrambling during an intense fight. How many of us have had their avatar die because we clicked on the wrong button or hitting the wrong key. This mouse helps prevent this from occurring. And if you're wondering, it didn't take that long for me to get use to using the 12-input. It was quite intuitive, and Razer even includes adhesive pads to put on the keypad so you can easily navigate around the buttons.

Mind you, I have used standard mice for MMOs with success. However, after using the Naga I will never go back to using a standard mouse for MMOs. The Naga's precision, 17-button configuration (in addition to the 12-button input as seen above), and comfort of use makes this mouse ideal for the MMO gamer.

Just as an FYI. I have a good friend who uses the Cyborg M.M.O.7 and swears by it. The 6400DPI and the 90, yes 90, programable commands makes this mouse a great value. However, I have not taken the opportunity to try this mouse to see how well it works. And since some people have complained of the quality of its laser sensor, I am reluctant to purchase the mouse so I can give it a go. But if you are looking for similar alternatives, the Cyborg as well as the Logitech G600, are mice to check out for the MMO gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment